Condo / HOA Representation
Let us help you protect your business.
Is your Condo Association or HOA in need of legal counsel? Albareda & Associates provides general legal and corporate counsel, maintenance assessment collection, and rule and covenant enforcement services for condo associations and HOAs in South Florida.
Choosing an Association Attorney:
Selecting legal counsel for an association is one of the most important decisions a community association board of directors will make. Engaging legal counsel can have long-term implications for your community and great benefits when chosen correctly. Albareda & Associates expertise and experience in this field allows us to provide effective guidance and communication when handling a community’s legal matters.
Your trusted advisor for your association.
Learn More About How We Can Help. Call 786-879-7823
What types of services do we provide?
- Legal counsel in the application of state and local law and court rulings and administrative decisions impacting on the operation of Community Associations.
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Fair Housing laws, and the Employment Discrimination Laws, as well as similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of the governing documents — Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and the rules and regulations.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues.
- Advising on Hurricane preparation, protection and counsel on recovery and rebuilding efforts.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community.
- Assisting in planning and developing contracts for construction projects and complying with construction lien laws.
- Collection of delinquent assessments.
- Counseling owners ad-hoc committees in the pre-transition phase of the Community’s evolution.
- Providing legal counsel for post-transition, unit owner-controlled Association on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Reviewing loan documents and structuring commercial lines of credit and/or arranging sources of financing for recreation lease purchases, capital improvements, etc.